As part of the Arctic Circle 2022 Assembly the China-Nordic Arctic Research Center - CNARC, The Polar Research Institute of China - PRIC ; The Icelandic Center for Research - RANNIS organised a session - INTERACTIONS AND DEVELOPMENT IN CHINA’S ARCTIC COOPERATION. The session was very well attended and sparked good discussion at the end.
The speakers at the session where:
- Huigen Yang - Director of CNARC, Professor at The Polar Research Institute of China (PRIC),
- Feng Chen - Marketing & Sales Director of Cosco Shipping Specialized Carriers Co., Ltd, China;
- Yubao Qiu - Leader of Digital Environment Research Unit, International Research Center of Big Data for Sustainable Development Goals (CBAS), China;
- Ágúst Hjörtur Ingþórsson - General Director, The Icelandic Center for Research (RANNIS);
- Kjell Stokvik - Managing Director, Centre for High North Logistics (CHNL), Norway.
- David Hik - Chief Scientist; Executive Director (Programs), Polar Knowledge Canada
- Gao Feng - Special Representative for Arctic Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China
- Sanna Kopra - Senior Researcher, Northern Institute for Environmental and Minority Law, Arctic Centre, University of Lapland, Finland; Senior Fellow, The Arctic Institute, USA
- Yang Jian - Vice President and Senior Fellow at Shanghai Institutes for International Studies (SIIS)
- Halldór Jóhannsson - Executive Director, ArcData-Arcticportal.org, Iceland
for more details on the event and to view the presentations go to symposia.